JoomlaNulla augue urna euismod ut bibendum ut eleifend non quam
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Since Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you're building powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support. Joomla ishighly extensible and thousands of extensions (most of them free under the GPL license) are available in the Joomla extension directory.
Joomla as content management system (CMS)
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site , much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to. Joomla is the most popular open source CMS currently available and has an ever growing community of friendly users and talented developers. With over 200,000 community users and contributors, the future looks bright for the award-winning Joomla Project.
Features of Joomla
- The Joomla package consists of many different parts, which allow modular extensions and integrations to be made easily with Joomla you can create Plugins that are background extensions that extend Joomla with new functionality.
- There are over 4,000 extensions for Joomla available via the Extensions Directory.
- In addition to Plugins, more comprehensive extensions are available.
- "Components" allow webmasters to perform such tasks as- build a community by expanding user features, backup a website, translate content and create URLs that are friendlier to search engines. "Modules" perform such tasks as displaying a calendar or allowing custom code like Google etc., to be inserted within the base Joomla code.
- Joomla permits administrators to set global configuration parameters. Every page follows these parameters by default, but a page can have its own setting.